Mineral makeup first hit the market in the 1970s as a makeup alternative for those with hyper-sensitive skin. Since then, mineral makeup has popped up on cosmetic counters everywhere. So you may ask, what is mineral makeup and are there benefits?
What is mineral makeup?
True mineral makeup contains 100% minerals like titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica and iron oxide and is free of dyes, preservatives and fragrances. We swear by Youngblood Mineral Makeup and Colorescience Mineral Makeup and Sunscreen.
What are the advantages?
- Mineral makeup is the only makeup that is safe to use after dermal and laser treatments.
- Because it doesn’t contain fillers like talc, mineral makeup won’t clog or irritate your skin, cause inflammation or lead to breakouts. It’s ideal for anyone with problematic skin, acne, rosacea and pigmentation.
- Mineral makeup doesn’t cause bacteria growth, meaning the risk of contamination is lower compared to tradition makeup. Plus the shelf life is longer!
- Unlike tradition makeup, mineral makeup has excellent longevity. It won’t melt away in hot and humid weather.
- Mineral makeup is buildable in coverage, has a natural, skin-like finish and won’t sink into fine lines and wrinkles.